Saturday, May 24, 2008

Keeping Track

I'm a fairly detailed person; I like to keep track of things and save any information that I think may be useful in the future. That is one reason I started blogging and the four months of Anna's life before the blog I kept (what I thought to be) detailed accounts in a journal. Not having looked at the journal in awhile, I recalled having meticulous records of Anna's schedules and struggles in the journal and I couldn't wait to dive in. The entries I read from Anna's first month of life turned out to be rather uninformative and told me little more than "Anna is eating well". Sadness. I was so hoping for some insight, some recollection of what those first weeks were like with Anna, some assurance that Madelyn is on track. Instead I have been skimming through the "Baby First Year" books that have been sitting on our nursery shelves. I can't go back and change what I did or didn't do the first go around but I'm realizing a detailed records of Anna from birth would be the most informative book that I could read because it would be filled with what worked and what didn't for our family.

No comments: