Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Jogger

As I mentioned before, we bought two double strollers - the MacLaren and the BOB Revolution Duallie. Last night we took the BOB to the park to try it out. I still love this stroller! With Anna, a car seat and Madelyn all in it, it was still easy to push and maneuver. Since I love to get outdoors and walk, especially with friends, it was important to me to be able to use this stroller from birth so we bought the BOB Car seat adapter with tray. The adapter allows for one car seat to be added and has a snack tray on the other side - so its perfect for a newborn and toddler. One downside is that the cup holder on the snack tray is very small and so most of Anna's sippy cups don't fit in it (I found the disposable sippy cups to fit just fine).

The BOB

The car seat we decided to purchase to use in the BOB and in our second car was the Peg Perego Viaggio SIP. Like most everything else we bought, we purchased last year's model and were able to get it for almost half the price. Being a Peg Perego, I had high hopes for the car seat but I must admit that I prefer the Chicco Keyfit car seat that we purchased when Anna was born. Unfortunately, the Chicco Keyfit is not one of the carseats that fits into the BOB stroller. For a more thorough comparison of the two carseats, check out my husband's blog entries: Aftermarket additions to infant car seats and Chicco vs Peg Perego Redux.

At a week out of the hospital, I feel great and think I'm about ready to get back on the walking trail - who knows if I'll actually be able to do it but I'm ready to give it a shot.

No comments: