Friday, March 14, 2008

A Pound a Week

I went to the doctor today for my routine appointment and once again the doctor had a few comments about my weight gain, or lack thereof. My weight took another little dip from my last appointment though I'm not sure it is too surprising considering the stomach flu I had - putting me at a 12.4 pound gain overall. I have definitely been eating everything I have wanted, including a trip to Krispy Kreme last weekend, but don't seem to be putting on the pound a week that they would like. There doesn't seem to be any risk to the baby for she is steadily growing along in the 50 percentile range though the doctor doesn't think she will reach the stature of Anna who weighed in at 8 lbs 2 ounces at birth 5 days before her due date. The suggestion was for me to eat 6 small meals a day, each meal containing a protein. The doctor is fine if I still don't pack on the pounds but she wants to make sure I'm doing all that I can do to eat enough - makes sense. I just need to be more aware of my food intake during the day (and maybe have an extra milkshake or two :)) before my next appointment.

No comments: