Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Mother's Prayer

I have jumped head first into the world of podcasts. I enjoy listening to them while I'm cleaning up around the house or when I have a few minutes of downtime. One podcast that I have been enjoying as of late is by Dr. James Dobson and Focus on the Family. Today's topic was about stay at home moms and there was a great poem by an unknown author that I thought I would share as an encouragement to moms out there.

Dear Lord, It's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm,
Since You called me to be a Mom,
Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with matching blocks,
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose,
Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs,
A stack of last week's mail to read,
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet, when I steal a moment, Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your Grace,
I see them in my small one's face,
That You have blessed me
All the while...
And I stop to kiss that precious smile!

— Author Unknown

No comments: