Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Late Night Reflections

Whenever Anna has a hard time getting to sleep at night, I usually sit up in the room next to hers so that I can check on her periodically. Tonight is one of those nights. It is 10:45pm and I think she has finally given in to her heavy eyes and dozed off - a late afternoon nap threw her off course for the evening. I don't know if it is a "mom thing" in general or if it is the impending arrival of baby girl #2 but tonight I was looking at old pictures of Anna and reflecting. Was she really that small? Were her cheeks really that large :)? So many stages and so much fun that I'm sad that I don't remember it all more clearly. Here's a quick glance back...

Anna all dressed up
Day #2 - my first experience ever dressing a baby! About 5 minutes after this picture was taken, Anna spit up all over the place.


Anna in her new Bumbo chair
4 Months - I was commenting the other day that I can now actually go out in public and not have every stranger commit on my baby's cheeks :).


Happy Baby
9 Months - Sitting and crawling so well; little did we know she was only a month away from walking. I remember wondering if she would always have that widow's peak.


Snack Time in her Chair
11 Months - Such a big girl - walking around, feeding herself, and her hair is finally starting to grow!

No comments: