Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Helping make a difference

I was listening to the radio and a song came on about reaching the world and making a difference. My thoughts immediately jumped to a letter my husband and I recently received from the child we are sponsoring through Compassion International. The letter read:

The family gift was used on the completion of the house which they built out of the gift you last sent in November last year... They are now so excited because of this money that enabled them to continue with building the house because they were affected by the continuous rains

Wow! We, or more appropriately God used us to help a family build a house. Never before have I felt something so tangible in helping another person. I hope that through our involvement in this ministry we are able to teach our children about helping others.

No comments: