Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Maddie's Food Update

Maddie continues to be a really good eater. Our recent endeavors include squash and apples. This was the first time I had ever cooked a winter squash in my life (I have a feeling this will be a first for many vegetables for me :)). It was actually very easy and tasty (cut in half and place in a baking dish with a little water and bake) - I think I may make them for my husband and I. Here's me and the frozen squash:

Squash anyone?

Maddie loved the squash and ate every bit on the first feeding - part of that may have been that I only defrosted one ice cube worth. I now defrost two at a time but I'm not sure if it is enough - I'm still trying to figure out how much to feed her in a sitting. I remember this same struggle with Anna - how much do I feel her, how many times a day, etc. etc. I really wish I had kept a food journal so that I would have a general guideline to go by.

The apples didn't go quite as well as the squash. It took mixing the apples with a little breastmilk and rice cereal for her not to make a silly face.

On another food related note, Maddie has started getting a bottle of formula at night. Just as with Anna, I tried to hold off from giving Maddie formula for as long a I could, but my growing baby was hungry!

No comments: