Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ultrasound Update

I had my ultrasound this morning and I'm still not exactly sure how to interpret the results. I guess the bottom line is that her heartbeat is good and she's moving all around which are good vital signs. From the ultrasound they could tell that the baby's growth has slowed putting her down in the 18th percentile at a weight of 5 pounds 13 ounces. The ultrasound tech didn't mention any odd measurements except commenting that her belly was measuring small - so I'm guessing everything was where it needed to be. She showed one of the doctors the results and they both felt comfortable to go ahead and send me home until my appointment next week so my assumption is that they would have let me know if anything was wrong.

While I'm eager to meet the newest member of our family, I also want her to grow as much as possible over the next few weeks - so I no longer wish her to make a speedy appearance. As a mom I want so badly to be able to help her gain weight, though the doctors say there isn't anything I can do. It's God who will grow her to the perfect size :).

No comments: