Monday, April 28, 2008

Pains Pains Go Away...

During my third trimester I have had frequent pains in my legs which I have self diagnosed to be round ligament pain. This is a pain that shoots down either leg around the groin area. They only last for a few seconds, but during that time it is immobilizing. The first few times it happened I didn't know what to do - once was at the grocery store and I literally just had to stand still and hold on to the grocery cart for dear life so that I didn't fall down. The past few weeks these pains have gotten worse and now happen almost anytime I change positions, ouch! I asked several doctors about the pain and they assured me that it was normal and there was nothing that could be done about it (except have the baby as one doctor added - NOT FUNNY!).

It has still been a fantastic pregnancy and I've had plenty of energy to keep up with walking almost daily and chasing Anna around even now. But, with today being my "official" due date, I am ready and with each pain I am even more so.

No comments: