Friday, February 22, 2008

Big Noggin'

I went for a routine OB checkup today and for the first time all of my measurements weren't right on track. My uterus had not gotten bigger since my last checkup so the doctor scheduled an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing as she should be. So an hour later, our whole family headed back to the doctor to make sure the little one is well. I laid on the ultrasound table and as the lady put the warm jelly on my belly, Anna started crying. Her daddy comforted her but it was so sweet to see that she was concerned about me. The technician checked out all the body parts and confirmed that all was perfect (and 100% confirmation that our baby is in fact a girl). She is 3 pounds 9 ounces, already head down (though that may change a few times between now and delivery) and has plenty of room to grow even if my uterus does not. The only surprising part is that the measurements put my due date a week ahead of schedule and the head at almost TWO weeks early. My husband says big heads run in the family and I guess it is no surprise since Anna is only starting to grow into her 90 percentile head :). What a blessing to be able to have another peak at my little girl

No comments: