Thursday, October 11, 2007

Where has the morning nap gone?

For about a week now Anna has been skipping her morning nap. I have still been trying our usual routine of rocking and then laying Anna down after our morning walk, but now Anna just plays in her crib. This is the about the same age that many of Anna's friends stopped taking an afternoon nap so I'm guessing it is inevitable. Without a morning nap, we are more easily able to make our neighborhood playgroup - but on those other days, I selfishly miss the morning time to myself to read and make my game plan for the day. Anna now starts her one nap of the day around 1:00 and has been sleeping 2 1/2 - 3 hours. I guess its now time to catch up with those friends we haven't seen in awhile since their kids wanted to play while Anna was sleeping in the morning.

No comments: