Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Home as a Haven

I read an article on the Raising Homemakers blog last week entitled "Making Our Homes Havens" and I have been thinking through what I want our home as a "haven" to look like.

Just like the blog writer, I want my home to be "a place of rest, creating a home environment that welcomes a weary worker at the end of the day." I want Erik to come home and know he is wanted, he is appreciated and he is loved. I want him to come home and rest (and enjoy time with the girls!) knowing that the details of our home like having food for dinner and a shirt to wear tomorrow are taken care of.

I want my home to be a haven for Anna and Maddie. A place where they can express their ideas and desires and talents. I want them to know that our home is a place of shelter and that they are loved even when they are disciplined. I desire to be that mom that the girls run to for advice or prayer or just to talk.

I want my home to be a haven for friends, a safe place to talk and find comfort over a cup of coffee and God's word. A place where encouragement flows and "secrets" stay.

I desire for my home to be a haven, a place of safety and refuge.

1 comment:

Meg Dreifuss said...

As one in that "friends" group - I can say that your house is definitely a haven for rest, refreshment, and encouragement. You do a wonderful job of being open, willing, and warming to all!