Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Mornings with Anna

Yesterday I was talking to a lady who had a two year old and was due any day with twins (I can't even imagine!). She was asking me questions about how Anna dealt with a baby coming into the house and how our life is these days. As we talked I felt so blessed that Anna has done so well with Maddie. Before Maddie was born I was sad that I was about to lose my "Anna time"; I envisioned the constant care of a newborn and Anna sitting in the corner pouting. Not so. In fact it is quite the opposite - I sometimes feel a little sad that I spend more hands-on time with Anna.

Breakfast with Anna

The mornings have become Anna and mommy time. Anna usually wakes up before Maddie and so we spend time having breakfast together and enjoying our morning milk (or coffee in my case). When Maddie wakes up, she is up for about 15 minutes to eat and then is happy to rock in her swing and fall back asleep for a few hours. During this time Anna and I read lots and lots of books - every book in Anna's "library" is pulled out and read. We cuddle, we play with toys, we laugh lots. I'm not sure how long this will last so I plan to enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: