Monday, July 14, 2008

Loving Our Friends

Over the past few weeks Anna and I have been getting reacquainted with our friends now that I'm a little more comfortable with handling Maddie. We've seen friends from church, from the neighborhood, friends we randomly met at events around Raleigh and even friends from our birthing class. It is so nice to be able to sit (ok, so maybe not actually sit down) and chat about what the kids are going through and share stories. I am convinced this first year and a half of Anna's life would have been so much harder to make it through without them. So, thanks ladies!

On a side note, it is easy when you make friends because of having kids the same age that the kids can become your only topic of conversation. I was reminded of that the other day when a friend of mine said she was tired of talking about the kids and I looked at her and ashamedly said I'm sorry, I don't know what else to ask you about. I need to remember to get to know the whole person rather than just the "mom part" for I know that is what I want as well.

No comments: