Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Stroller / Infant Carrier

Running errands, going for walks, taking car trips - these are things we do nearly every day and so it was important that we got a good car seat/stroller. We spent hours researching on Consumer Reports, asking friends, and trying them out at Babies R Us. In the end, it was the Babies R Us employee who convinced us to buy the Chicco Cortina Travel system. The key thing for me was a stroller that I could easily get in and out of the car and an infant carrier light enough to carry around. Well, there isn't exactly such a thing as a "light" carrier once you put a 16 pound baby in it- but I am very happy with our purchase. The infant carrier easily snaps in and out of the car base and stroller and the guy at Rex Hospital even said the base was easy to install correctly in the car. The stroller has a bassinet feature which I used today when taking Anna out for a walk around the neighborhood. The bassinet allows for babies to lay in the stroller without the carrier. The one negative review that I read on it which I agree with is the sunshade is a little short on the infant carrier so she may get a little more sun in her eyes than in another carrier. All in all I am very happy with this travel system and if I had it to do over again, I would make the same decision (except maybe get it in black and green :))

No comments: