Thursday, February 22, 2007

Running Errands

As I pulled up to the grocery store today, I must admit there was some nervousness on my
part. Those silly little thoughts - will she fit in the grocery cart, do I take her stroller, what if she has a meltdown in the store... Errands that were once simple - pop in, pop out - now take a little more planning. In the beginning I heeded the baby carrier warning of not putting the baby carrier in the front of a shopping cart, but it has turned out to be the most convenient. I circle the parking lot looking for a grocery cart to park near (strange - what I once thought of a nuisance in a parking lot, I now find helpful). I take the carrier out of the car, put it on the front of the cart and wait to see if it fits. Harris Teeter and Target work; BJ's and Lowe's Foods do not. I then spend the rest of the trip through the store holding onto her carrier and trying to peer above her car seat so that I don't run into anyone. LOL! There has to be a better way. On small shopping trips I take her carrier in the stroller and then see how much I can cram into one of those shopping baskets - undoubtedly I have buy milk during that trip which makes it very heavy :). The carriers already attached to the shopping cart don't work for us since that means I have to take Anna out of her car seat and then try to strap her back down into something else as she screams and arches her back. The Baby Bjorn is a nice alternative when Anna is awake.
Returning movies and quick fixes at non drive thru Starbucks is a thing of the past. Who would have thought? I love motherhood!

1 comment:

Kim Gail said...

I too prefer baby Bjorn carriers...love them.