Monday, February 26, 2007

Flu Season

For the first time in my life I am very aware of people who are sick and unfortunately the weather this year seems to be keeping a lot of people that way. Whenever I see someone who is sick I make a mental note to cover myself with Purell and I've been too scared to put Anna in the church nursery. Am I overreacting? One person I met said yes, that if I keep Anna away from these germs, her immune system will not build up and she is only going to get sicker later on. I tossed this around in my head for a few days and decided to ask Jo (the wonderful lady at Rex hospital) who gave me advice that I'm sticking to. She said that this flu season has been especially rough and that it is a good idea to wait until Anna is 6 months (and the flu season is over) before introducing her to the church nursery. It is true that Anna will probably get sick when she is first introduced to the environment since her immune system hasn't built up, but that at 6 months she will be better able to handle it. Until then, we are going to keep our Purell out at all times and pray that Anna stays well :).

No comments: