Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sweetpea Beauty

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart - 1 Samuel 16:7


My girls, just as most 2 and 3 year old girls, are into princess stuff. Princess movies, princess dolls, princess dress-up clothes, etc. and sometimes I wonder what message they are taking away. My girls may be a little young to notice but as a mom I'm very aware of the messages of the world that you have to be pretty and thin and popular to "be somebody".

VeggieTales recently released a movie Sweetpea Beauty which does a great job explaining that it is what is on the inside of one's heart that matters, not their outward beauty. It is a takeoff of many of the well-known princess movies so it is entertaining as well.

I pray that I can teach my girls that they are beautiful and perfect just as God made them. I want them to know where their true beauty lies.

Here is the song by Nicole Nordeman that was recorded for the movie. The chorus is a reminder of how God sees us. It says:

Has anybody told you you’re beautiful?
You might agree if you could see what I see
Oh
‘Cuz everything about you is incredible
You should have seen me smile the day that I made you beautiful for me


No comments: