Monday, August 9, 2010

MOPS 2010

This past weekend I spent some time at a planning retreat for our local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group. This is my first year in the "inner circle" and with that has come new information and a new perspective. Stories of moms who were sitting at home riddled with depression and came to MOPS and found new friends and hope. Moms who felt a longing in their hearts for something more and came and responded to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Moms who just wanted to know they were not alone on this motherhood journey.

I first started attending MOPS after Maddie was born and I was desperate to find other moms who desired to raise their kids in a way that pleased God... and to get out of the house. For that first year I just soaked everything in - the speakers and most importantly the fellowship with other moms. It has been a wonderful, encouraging experience for me and so I urge every mom-of-a-preschooler to come check it out. Feel free to leave me a comment or check out our local MOPS website for more information. I hope to see you on September 14th!

No comments: