Friday, May 8, 2009

A Growing Girl

Maddie had her one year checkup today:

Weight: 22 lbs 6 1/2 ounces (70%)
Height: 30 1/4 inches (80%)
Head: 47 1/4 centimeters (95%)

Maddie has transitioned well to being a year old. She enjoys facing forward in the car and seems to have transitioned well from bottle and formula to a sippy cup with whole milk. BUT there are a few new things that I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with.

First is meal time. I daily have flashbacks to meals with Anna around the one year mark. Maddie has gone from a girl who would eat anything put on her plate to only eating select items and throwing the remaining (which is almost everything) onto the ground. This makes mealtime at home hard, but eating out is almost unbearable. For example, in order to keep Maddie from throwing an absolute fit while we were having lunch out today, I let her have a fruit cup and goldfish as a meal :(.

Second is nap time. As it now stands Anna no longer takes a nap (may play in her room for about 30 minutes) and Maddie sleeps anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour once a day (and sometimes this is in the car). I have to admit I am absolutely worn out. I talked to the doctor and he recommended setting a timer (~90 minutes) and having her stay in her crib the entire time. Ideally her naps will gradually lengthen. I guess I'll put this on my list of things to start on Monday.

No comments: