Saturday, June 7, 2008

Celebrating 5 Years

Five years ago today I walked down the aisle and married the man of my dreams. At the time we were on the 5 year plan (5 years until kids that is). Needless to say our plans changed for the better with our two beautiful girls. Tonight we will celebrate those five years by leaving both girls with a friend and having some time together. One part of having two kids that I didn't anticipate was the time that my husband and I would lose together.

Before Madelyn, we'd spend the time after Anna went to bed talking or playing a board game; now a good night is when we are able to recap how our days went over dinner while Maddie screams from the other room. While the "divide and conquer" technique works well for taking care of the kids, it leaves little time for real conversation. I'm looking forward to our time out. I love you Erik!

No comments: