Thursday, August 20, 2009

Maddie's 15 Month Checkup

I took Maddie to her 15 month appointment this morning. As expected, she was holding her own in the growth department:

Weight: 24 lbs 3.5 ounces (70 %)
Height: 31.5 inches (75 %)
Head: 48 cm (84 %)

Our main conversations were about behavior. I have gotten so accustomed to reasoning and using consequences with Anna that sometimes it is hard for me to remember that Maddie isn't quite there yet. He suggested I ignore some of the (non-aggressive) behavior and see if it goes away when she doesn't get the negative attention she is looking for. (For those of you who know Maddie, ignoring her shrill screeching isn't quite so easy to ignore :)). Just today at lunch when Maddie started spitting out her milk I looked at her and she smiled as milk spilled out of her mouth and then I turned my head and that was the end of it. So we'll see how it goes.

Another change that I started this week is during mealtime. I have to admit I usually don't enjoy lunchtime (except those wonderful Friday lunches out with the hubby, of course) and most of our dinners are spent with either my husband or myself constantly getting up and down from the table to get the girls' food. This week for lunch and dinner I have started putting a plate together for them with a variety of foods and that is their meal. So far it is working great. I am enjoying mealtime much more and without endless options from the pantry, Anna seems to be a little less picky. This seems like one of those 'duh' moments but it took me awhile to catch on :).

Here's Maddie showing off how much of a big girls she is with her first lollipop and going up the big girl slide.

Maddie's first sucker image

No comments: