Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Localvore Challenge has begun

North carolina farmer's market

My husband took this picture at one our recent visits to the NC Farmers Market. I have enjoyed going to the Farmers Market for the past 3 Friday mornings to pick up locally grown fruits and vegetables. I love looking at all the colors and comparing prices of all the summer produce. I especially LOVE my german johnson tomatoes (a NC heirloom tomato that, when sliced, can cover an entire piece of bread!).

This past Friday morning we were on a mission to find foods for our Triangle Localvore Challenge. Here's my husband's recap of items/prices that we purchased. The Farmers Market advertises opening at 5am but if you go on a Friday morning I would recommend arriving closer to 10 so that all of the vendors will be setup.

No comments: