Thursday, February 4, 2010

February Preschool Goals

I love ideas! I can spend hours on the computer looking at other preschool mom blogs. It is fun, but for me, it isn't overly productive because I want to do it all. Next thing I know I have 50 windows open of ideas for teaching the letter 'K', become overwhelmed and therefore... don't do any of it. Yesterday I sat down to write my goals for February and thought I would post them so that I don't forget :).

Family:
Our focus is on love for Valentine's Day. I'm keeping mainly with the bible verses Anna has already memorized to keep it simple.
- God's love for us: John 3:16, song: Jesus loves the little children
- Love is patient: 1 Corinthians 13:4. We have been reading about love and patience in Elizabeth George's book A Little Girl After God's Own Heart. Yesterday as I was driving down the road Anna told me that God wanted me to slow down and have patience :).
- Loving others: 1 John 4:7, making valentines, praying for others (Ephesians 6:18), helping others
- "Love tree": everyday Anna adds a heart to the tree with someone/thing she loves written on it

Books: A Little Girl After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George, Snuggle Puppy by Sandra Boynton, The Beginners Bible for Toddlers, You Are My I Love You by Maryann K. Cusimano

Anna:
- Letter sounds A-D
Tools: Starfall, Hubbard's Cupboard, Consonant Cards
- Review matching upper and lowercase letters
Tools: File Folder Fun Alphabet Game, LeapFrog Alphabet Go Fish
- Numbers 11-20
Tools: Flashcards, counting yummy conversation hearts

Maddie:
- Colors
Tools: Color Matching Cards, games from File Folder Fun, sorting yummy conversation hearts by color

We'll see where I am at the end of the month :).

No comments: