Wednesday, October 26, 2011

5 Year Checkup

5 Year Checkup


Here's Anna in her paper gown at her 5 year checkup yesterday. She just looked too cute in the hand and footprints that I had to take a picture. Once again, I felt ill-prepared - I forgot to check which screenings or shots were to be expected and so we walked back to our room without a clue what to expect. Anna was measured (43.5 inches) and weighed (43 pounds); they did the usual blood pressure monitoring and eye test. A new screening for us was the hearing test. I'm not sure that Anna understood exactly what she was suppose to do (point to her ear when she heard a beep on the headphones) and so whenever the nurse would ask if she heard something she would say yes :). It was good enough to pass this go around. We went back to our room where Anna was asked her colors, to identify "which is longer" and to draw a few shapes. The nurse pricked her finger for some blood work which took Anna little while to calm down from. Then, she was asked to pee in a cup which greatly confused her; she later told me she though the toilet was a cup :). We ended up having to bring the cup home to try again later. There were no shots this visit.

Anna was such a big girl through it all and I kept thinking to myself that she already looked older in just 2 days of being 5 :). There was one panic point for me though - the nurse asked if I needed a kindergarten form, aaaggh, it will be here before we know it.

No comments: