Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Weekend Refresher

This past weekend I had a wonderful opportunity to get away with some mom friends to Myrtle Beach. The weather was beautiful, we had nice dinners out and of course shopping at the outlets is always fun but what marked the weekend for me was not the surroundings, it was the conversations.

For 3 days we simply talked - we talked about our kids, our relationships with our husbands, our churches, our passions. We were real and open and I truly felt spurred on. Being surrounded by other moms who desire to grow their children up in the Lord was motivating and I gleaned many ideas that I too want to try with my girls.

I am so grateful to my wonderful husband who watched the girls for me to take such a weekend away. And I am thankful for wonderful mommy friends.

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. - Hebrews 10:24

No comments: