Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall Activities

Although the official date of fall isn't until the 22nd, I'm already in the fall mindset. This morning the school buses are picking up the kids, there's a chill to the air and I'm sipping on a hot cup of pumpkin spice coffee, yummm. It's too "cold" to hit the pool at night, the fall clothes are patiently waiting in the closet to be worn, the pumpkin mellowcremes are in the stores and the fall activities have begun.

For us this fall, we are participating in MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and CBS (Community Bible Study). I am already so impressed with the kids programs for both. Maddie is in her same nursery room that she is on Sunday mornings and so the hope will be that eventually :) she will go in without a fuss. The nursery workers have started calling Maddie's high pitch squeal, her "signature". Anna just moved up to the preschool program and I am so thrilled with all she is doing. She comes home with memory verses, bible stories, and crafts; I love when she tells me a little about what she has learned. I am so thankful for the child workers whose passion is to spend a few mornings a week teaching little ones about the Lord!

My other activity for the fall has been starting a little preschool time of our own. After lunch, we read a bible story and then do some activities around the story or the letter/number/color/shape of the week. I'm quickly learning what works and what only causes frustration for both Anna and myself when it comes to learning styles. During this time for Maddie, my goal is to keep her from eating the crayons! My children are such a joy and I love that I get to spend my days with them. Now off to the playground...

No comments: