Sunday, December 14, 2008

My new purple phone

A few week ago I jumped into the texting world. I'm not really sure why I thought this, but to me texting was something teenagers and college students did - not "grown ups". Then I had a friend who started texting to keep in touch with her husband during the day; then I had a conversation with someone my mom's age who started texting to keep in touch with son who was in college. My stereotype was being dismantled as weekly I was talking with someone "my age" who had their own reasons for texting. Hmmmm.

One day I was telling my husband about all of the conversations I was having with people about text messaging and he asked me if I was interested in joining the ranks. Well, I did it. I bought the coolest, purplest phone there was and upgraded my cell package and I absolutely love it. I can text my husband during the day where as before I resisted calling his cell phone in case he was in a work meeting. I can send him pictures of things the girls and I are doing during the day so that he can better "experience it with us". I am even keeping in better touch with my college-age brother which is a huge plus; we now text almost daily. I get alerts on my phone whenever I get an email which actually keeps me off my computer (which is probably another reason why I'm not blogging as much). Needless to say I love it!

No comments: